Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, April 11, 2014

holy week...





I'm feeling all sappy this morning.  We're getting ready for our Spring Break (home to Illinois) this year.  A long car ride awaits, but on the other side is a week with all things familiar.  Mom and dad hard hugs. That overwhelming scent of my childhood home as soon as I walk in the door.  Foods I grew up.  Streets that I could drive down with my eyes closed.  Sharing my people with my PEOPLE.  Going home isn't an exciting adventure, but it sure does fit the bill for a week of unconditional love and rest.


This year will be different.  My Grandma June is gone (read about her here).  Honey's mom sold his childhood home and moved to Florida.  Will it be sad?  It will definitely be different.  Time marches on and change inevitably takes place.





Thinking about Spring Break made me reflect on last year.  We did a whirlwind tour of San Francisco and Yosemite National Park.  It really was a trip of a life time (read about it here, herehere and here).

My favorite part...and the one I keep reminiscing about was our time in Yosemite.  We rented a "river house" right along the Merced River. You could hear the race of the water roar even on the inside.  We were completely unplugged...no cell phone signal.  No outside world.  It was peaceful and remote and just what our little family needed.







My girl has definitely blossomed and changed this year...


But her interests haven't;)  










I think breaks are just as holy as holy things are holy if that makes any sense it all.  Walking away from everything.  Dedicating and setting apart your time to give to each other.  It's a beautiful thing.  It's a GOD thing.  We need to tread softly.  To soak it up.  This fleeting life.  These stolen, consecrated moments with our loved ones.  They are gifts.  Here's to a week of holiness on so many levels.  May you and yours bask in the goodness of each other...bask in the goodness of His selfless redeeming love for us.



*If you want to follow along. I'm @farmgirlpaints on Instagram:)




Be a blessing.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails